However, The Big Question Still Remains, How Can One Become A Pilot In Ghana? Well, In This Article, We’ll Take You Through The Process Of Becoming A Certified Pilot In Ghana.
Being an airline pilot is an exciting experience and could be a highly rewarding job. But the big question is how exactly can one become a pilot? Becoming a professional pilot is one of the popular ambitions of children while growing up. However, many of these kids don’t end up on this career track as a result of lack of information.
How to Become a Pilot in Ghana
There are several steps that you need to take to become a pilot in Ghana. You will need to go through years of education, training and certification to fly an aircraft. This article will help you to achieve your goal of becoming a professional pilot in Ghana.
Requirements for Becoming a Pilot in Ghana
To get accepted as a pilot student in an aviation school, you need to meet the following requirements.
- Age: Applicants must be at least 17 years old. This is the minimum age before you can even gain accepted into aviation schools in Ghana.
- English requirements: Prospective applicants must also be fluent in English and any other native language. English is the language of aviation internationally. It is recommended to meet a Level 4 English standard before receiving your Commercial Pilot License.
- Educational requirements: Have a Secondary School Leaving Certificate with a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics, English, Physics, Geography, and any other science subjects. Have a University degree which is not mandatory but gives you a higher chance of getting a job
- Obtain a Commercial Pilot Certificate: This is the final requirement before you can get employed by any airline company in Ghana.
- Medical Certificate: In order to start your pilot training you will need to secure a Medical Certificate – in order to get this, it is best to speak with the Flight School you want to start with and they will help arrange it for you
Aviation Schools in Ghana
Before you choose your aviation school, you have to learn the following important things about your future profession:
- You will study a lot to become a pilot
- You will have to pay a lot for your education
- It will be difficult to find a good-paying job immediately after graduation because you need many flying hours if you wish to earn good money.
How much does it cost to study for a pilot? Usually, it’s expensive to study in aviation schools in Ghana. However, if you choose to study abroad, you will have to pay way more.
Below are the aviation schools in Ghana that offer training for the grant of full commercial pilot license with multi-engine ratings.
- Institute of Aviation and Professional Studies
- Ghana CAA Aviation Training Academy
- APTECH Aviation & Hospitality Academy
- Mish Aviation
9jaschoolnews member If you think this post can be helpful to Friend, share it on Twitter, Facebook and Whatsapp